Rally Finland 2007 (nyt valokuvan kanssa)

Keskustelua kaikenlaisesta moottoriurheilusta.
TurboMac
'Admiral'
'Admiral'
Viesti:

Rally Finland 2007 (nyt valokuvan kanssa)

Viesti Kirjoittaja TurboMac »

Anyone else planning on going to this years Neste Oil Rally? Or been in previous years? Any tips / suggestions / recommendations / etc. would be welcome, as I've never been before.

I know its not till August (2nd - 5th), but I dont want to leave all my plans till the last minute.

I've sent an email to the organisors and got some good info about accomodation alternatives, but it would be nice to hear also some personal experiences, so that I can get the most out of it.

-(z)- -(z)- -(z)-

(ps. I am trying to learn Finnish, so you're welcome to reply in Finnish (if you really want to :wink: ), but please don't be be shy cause this post is in English)
veksu
in memoriam
in memoriam
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja veksu »

My wroted english is very poor, but if you want learning finnish i answer at finnish.

minä olen ollut useana vuonna ja tulen varmasti menemään tänäkin vuonna neste ralliin.

kisahan on maailman paras ja tunnelma on hyvä.

Erikoiskokeille siirtymisiin kannattaa varata hyvin aikaa koska ruuhkia on joka vuosi, mutta hyvällä kartanluvulla ja tuurilla pätkille pääsee aina.
hyviä paikkoja on löytää helpoiten VM(vauhdinmaailma) lehdestä joka ilmestyy ennenkisaa.
kisapassi, teltta, VM, auto, ja virvokkeita sekä hyvää seuraa mukana on aina selvitty reissusta.

ps. ei kannata lähteä sillä matalimmalla autolla sinne jos haluaa parhaille parkkipaikoille.

toivottavasti nähdään jyväskylässä kesällä.

monesti on tainnut miitti olla jossakin päin lauantaina.

PPS. if you understand something at wrote, ask, i tried translate in english.
Kuva
Niin no suoralla, mutta entäs mutkaan...
A_80
'Senator'
'Senator'

Viesti Kirjoittaja A_80 »

The last time I was watching Jyväskylän suurajot (the old Finnish name of the rally) was about 10 years ago. A friend of my family had a summer house very near one SS (it was called 'Siitama') so it was easy to walk to the stage and enjoy the cars driving by.

The good thing with this solution was the ease of accommodation and access to the SS but we got to see only the one SS. Unfortunately the organizers decided to change the stages so Siitama was left out from the rally. That's the main reason for the 10 years absence from the event. But who knows, maybe we'll be there this year... ;)

As veksu said above, the Jyväskylä area is a one big traffic jam during the rally and you might also want to keep an eye on the drivers who think they are also capable of, or even allowed, to rally in the public traffic.

Oh, and you might also want to see Ralli.net: Neste Oil Rally Finland. It's mostly in Finnish, but hey, take it as practice. :)
Presterin
'Diplomat'
'Diplomat'

Viesti Kirjoittaja Presterin »

Let's advertise a bit.
Mainostetaan vähän.

My personal favourite is Ouninpohja, because our cottage is located rather close to it. If you want to get good view and some nice jumps for example, you have to hike couple of miles either from the start or from the finish line. But if you take a early start, that shouldn't be a problem. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ouninpohja is the most legendary SS of the rally.
Henkilökohtainen suosikkini on Ouninpohja, koska mökkimme on suhteellisen lähellä sitä. Jos haluat hyvän näköalan ja esimerkiksi hienoja hyppyjä, täytyy kävellä muutama kilometri joko lähdöstä tai maaliviivalta. Mutta jos lähdet ajoissa liikkeelle, ei sen pitäisi olla ongelma. Korjaa jos olen väärässä, mutta Ouninpohja on rallin legendaarisin erikoiskoe.

How about that?
Suurin osa opel kuskeista on hieman vajaita.
©Skeidett
datzka
'Senator'
'Senator'

Viesti Kirjoittaja datzka »

Well i´ve been watching neste rally now about 10 years in a row. You can see about 3-4 stages per day, and theres a lot to see hear during the rally(i live in jyväskylä). Lots of rally fans and the mood is very good in centrum if you want to have some fun in evenings. Youd better reserve hotel early tough, coz they are pretty much full, if you are planning to see whole rally.

SpecialStage killeri is pretty good stage to view as spectator, and there is a lot other stuff also (stuntshows etc.). The legendary stages of Finland are ouninpohja and ruuhimäki in my opinion. Ruuhimäki has some huge jumps, but the traffic on those stages is massive. Youd better reserve a lot of time if you are planning to go there.

Including the wrc-class there are also group called "vetomies". Its finnish f-cup cars mostly rear wheel drive like m3, rs2000, gt corolla etc. and really talented drivers going very fast on same stages as wrc drivers. Its great increase to the rally.

Just reserve some time for the rally, its great fun. And sorry for my bad english :sleep:
Bilan: MB Vito 111cdi -05

Ex: BMW Z3 2.8 Roadster, BMW E36 328, Nissan 200SX S14A+S14, BMW E36 325 Cabriolet/Coupe/Sedan, Audi Coupe Quattro, Calibrat x3
jezze
'Diplomat'
'Diplomat'

Viesti Kirjoittaja jezze »

Presterin kirjoitti: Henkilökohtainen suosikkini on Ouninpohja, koska mökkimme on suhteellisen lähellä sitä. Jos haluat hyvän näköalan ja esimerkiksi hienoja hyppyjä, täytyy kävellä muutama kilometri joko lähdöstä tai maaliviivalta. Mutta jos lähdet ajoissa liikkeelle, ei sen pitäisi olla ongelma. Korjaa jos olen väärässä, mutta Ouninpohja on rallin legendaarisin erikoiskoe.
No nythän selvisi sitten että missä vietetään aikamme kun tullaan ajoja katsomaan. Et varmaan tykkää kyttyrää? :lollis:
Zafira
'Diplomat'
'Diplomat'

Viesti Kirjoittaja Zafira »

Presterin kirjoitti:Ouninpohja is the most legendary SS of the rally.
:yes:
Amppa
'Diplomat'
'Diplomat'

Viesti Kirjoittaja Amppa »

Do not miss Killeri either ;)
Presterin
'Diplomat'
'Diplomat'

Viesti Kirjoittaja Presterin »

jezze kirjoitti:No nythän selvisi sitten että missä vietetään aikamme kun tullaan ajoja katsomaan. Et varmaan tykkää kyttyrää? :lollis:
:lollis: En toki, kai siellä voi jonkun nestetankkausetapin pitää jos kuuma kesäpäivä sattuu olemaan. :lollis:
Suurin osa opel kuskeista on hieman vajaita.
©Skeidett
m.k
'Diplomat'
'Diplomat'
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja m.k »

Juu Presterin pistää saunan kuumaksi ja pidetään semmonen kunnon kesämiitti siellä! Kai mökki on järvenrannassa ja tilava jääkaappi löytyy?
Mielipide on kuin persereikä. Meillä kaikilla on sellainen, ja meistä kaikista toisen sellainen haisee pahalta.
veksu
in memoriam
in memoriam
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja veksu »

m.k kirjoitti:Juu Presterin pistää saunan kuumaksi ja pidetään semmonen kunnon kesämiitti siellä! Kai mökki on järvenrannassa ja tilava jääkaappi löytyy?
kannatetaan.

mut perjantaina kakaristoon yöksi?
pistetään oma rellestys päälle.
Kuva
Niin no suoralla, mutta entäs mutkaan...
m.k
'Diplomat'
'Diplomat'
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja m.k »

Jaa mihinkä kakaristoon? Kuulostaa tuo rellestys kyllä siltä että mikä ettei 8)
Mielipide on kuin persereikä. Meillä kaikilla on sellainen, ja meistä kaikista toisen sellainen haisee pahalta.
TurboMac
'Admiral'
'Admiral'
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja TurboMac »

I've got my Rally Pass now :) Anyone else got their's yet?

I nearly had somewhere to stay (friend of a friend), but just found out it was booked by someone else to stay there. So if anyone has any other tips/ suggestions for places to stay in or near Jyväskylä? they would be most appreciated.

what is it like for parking at the different stages? Is there usually 1 main car park near the Start/Finnish, or several different ones around the route? is it possible to travel to each stage by public transport? or...?
Jube-setä
'Diplomat'
'Diplomat'

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jube-setä »

TurboMac kirjoitti:I've got my Rally Pass now :) Anyone else got their's yet?

I nearly had somewhere to stay (friend of a friend), but just found out it was booked by someone else to stay there. So if anyone has any other tips/ suggestions for places to stay in or near Jyväskylä? they would be most appreciated.

what is it like for parking at the different stages? Is there usually 1 main car park near the Start/Finnish, or several different ones around the route? is it possible to travel to each stage by public transport? or...?
Usually parking is side of the road. Theres so much people that parking places are full in second.
Astra F
Golf III
HD ratikka
Susiraja
'Kapitän'
'Kapitän'

Viesti Kirjoittaja Susiraja »

You should check this page: www.ralli.net

Like the name says it´s a page for rally people. There is also a discussion about the special stages this year. People there have some ideas about places where something might happen.

My advice is that watch only two stages per day at maximum. That way you don´t have to hurry too much. Relaxed attitude to the whole event helps when driving in traffic. Sometimes there is lots of it.
Vastaa Viestiin