Summer Car Shows in England 2005!!

This forum is for English language discussion about Opels, Opel Club Finland and related issues
TurboMac
'Admiral'
'Admiral'
Viesti:

Summer Car Shows in England 2005!!

Viesti Kirjoittaja TurboMac »

I'm going to PVS @ Santa Pod next weekend (the first major Vauxhall car show in England) 8) ... I can't wait. Camping over on the Saturday night. I might even take my baby up the strip!? There should be well over 1000 very nice Vauxhalls there, including over 130 from our club - Migweb. So I'll take plenty of pics and post some links on here for you all to see.

Have any of you Finns ever come over for the UK shows...?

Performance Vauxhall Show -(z)-
Location – Santa Pod Raceway – Near Northampton
Date – 5th June 2005
Description – Static car show, with the option of taking your car up the famous quarter mile strip for timed runs. All day event – limited club spaces. trade stands and other displays.

See all the PVS photos here... [http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthre ... =index+PVS]

Donny South
Location – East Of England Show Ground
Date – 14th August 2005
Description – A large static car show involving all makes and models.

VBOA Vauxhall Rally (Billing) -(z)-
Location – Billing Aquadrome – Wellingborough
Date – 8th, 9th & 10th July 2005
Description - The largest Vauxhall-only show. A two-day event enjoyed by many in previous years, this is a static car show which also consists a large trade area, arena and craft fair. This show brings together all the best Vauxhall clubs, with cars ranging from pre-war to the current day.

Trax2005
Location – Silverstone Race Circuit – Silverstone
Date – 4th September 2005
Description – Static car show involving all makes and models. There is also the possibility of track action. There is also a 0-60 track and many trade stands.

See all the Trax photos here... [http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=221612]

* there are of course many more non-Vauxhall / mixed car shows here in the UK, such as Kroozin Live, Max Power Live, Jap-Fest, etc.
ata
OCF Yhteyshenkilö
OCF Yhteyshenkilö

Viesti Kirjoittaja ata »

The only car show I've been in the UK was the NEC Motorshow in Birmingham last year, when I was staying there for one month. But that's a bit different show as those you mentioned...

It would be great to be able to go to those events... several of us here in Finland subscribe Total Vauxhall (it's not sold at the newsagents, even many other magazines, like Fast Ford or Retro Car are even from the same publisher...) which usually keeps us up to date with the UK happenings in addition to the forums and net...

It would be great if you can put the link here for the pictures after the show!
Opel Calibra 2.0 16V Turbo 4x4 C20LET '92 - Pontiac GTO 5.7 V8 LS1 '04 (Holden) - Pontiac Tempest 2d HT Coupe V8 5.8 '70
TurboMac
'Admiral'
'Admiral'
Viesti:

OK as promissed here's a link to an index of loads of pics from the Performance Vauxhall Show (PVS) -(z)- at Santa Pod Raceway...

http://66.225.199.210/forums/showthread.php?t=204940

The PV Show was really good, there was about 300 of us that camped over in a field next to the show on the Saturday night (many beers enjoyed by all) :P

Then in the morning we moved into a bigger field next to a 1/4mile race strip. There was over 120 cars in our club stand (Mig Performance Vauxhalls) and about 1500 lovely Vauxhalls overall.

On the Strip there were a lot of fast cars (and then there was mine :lol: ). My best time was 18.1, but I had never done it before and I know i can do a lot better, so i'm hoping for 17's or maybe even high 16's next time. There were many other Nova's (Corsa A) with 2L 16v Turbo's,
that had good times, like low 13's and there was also a jet-powered dragster car that did the 1/4 mile in about 7 seconds (reaching a speed of 270mph) :o

Anyway i'm really tired now so i'm gonna get an early night...
TurboMac
'Admiral'
'Admiral'
Viesti:

Going to another car show this weekend... "Trax" @ Silverstone 8)

This one is not just Vauxhalls, but includes a variety of Car Clubs from different makes & models. There should be 1000's of lovely cars there. There's also track time available on the famous GP circuit, 0-60mph sprint challenge, lots of trade stands and there may well be a few lovely ladies there too :P

I'll put a post in the General Forum (Yleinen keskustelu) on Sunday evening / Monday morning with a link to loads of pics, etc. like I did with the Performance Vauxhall Show @ Santa Pod, a few months ago. More people seem to view/reply in that Forum (it seems very lonely here in the English section sometimes :oops: )

[EDIT] I have now put the links to the photos from PVS & Trax into my first post in here too (see above).
Vastaa Viestiin