Speed sensor

This forum is for English language discussion about Opels, Opel Club Finland and related issues
Fredkt

Speed sensor

Viesti Kirjoittaja Fredkt »

Hi all,

I think I have a problem with my speed sonsor; the one behind the speedometer. Behind the speedometer is booth the speedometer cable and the speed sensor. The speedometer works well, because I guess its getting revolutions from the cable. However, I'm getting 0 readings on my onboard computer. Someone told me that the computer needs reprograming, another says I should change the memory chip. I go another advice that I should change the whole computer.

The computer shows the consumption in Litres/hour but when you change the switch to Litres/100km, the value is 0.

Anyone has ideas about how to check the speed sensor functionality?
Any ideas will be grately welcomed. Thanks in advance. Kiitos etukäteen kaikille.
janhe
OCF Member 2016

Viesti Kirjoittaja janhe »

I don't know about your computer problem but I think I saw you and your Calibra yesterday in Kilo. It really does look great in real life. :)
TurboMac
'Admiral'
'Admiral'
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja TurboMac »

try asking your question in here...

http://www.migweb.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=45

its a UK Vauxhall (opel equiviant) forum and the link above should go straight to the Technical section. There's lots of people there, so I'm sure someone in there will be able to help you and you should get a reply fairly quickly.
Vastaa Viestiin