Monaro / VXR

This forum is for English language discussion about Opels, Opel Club Finland and related issues
TurboMac
'Admiral'
'Admiral'
Viesti:

Monaro / VXR

Viesti Kirjoittaja TurboMac »

I'm hopefully having a test drive in a new Vauxhall Monaro next weekend :D 8)

I was trying to arrange one in the VXR, 6L V8 model (400bhp). But unfortunately the Sales Manager changed his mind and so the VXR will remain static in the show room, while a new standard 5.7L V8 model (only 350bhp) will be available for test drives instead.

Is there an Opel Monaro (or equivilent) available in Finland?
And are there any VXR's (Monaro/Astra/VXR2200)?
OCF Sprinttikunkku 2010

Re: Monaro / VXR

Viesti Kirjoittaja Ville »

TurboMac kirjoitti:I'm hopefully having a test drive in a new Vauxhall Monaro next weekend :D 8)

I was trying to arrange one in the VXR, 6L V8 model (400bhp). But unfortunately the Sales Manager changed his mind and so the VXR will remain static in the show room, while a new standard 5.7L V8 model (only 350bhp) will be available for test drives instead.

You are one lucky b...! Unluckily we can't buy Monaro in here at now, but maybe later :roll:
Send some pictures to us so we can keep dreaming...

In here cars are Opels, and "power versions" are OPC (Opel Performance Center) such as Astra OPC, Zafira OPC and Speedster OPC.
Manta B turbo -76
Manta B turbo -76
Omega B turbo -96
ata
OCF Yhteyshenkilö
OCF Yhteyshenkilö

Re: Monaro / VXR

Viesti Kirjoittaja ata »

TurboMac kirjoitti:I'm hopefully having a test drive in a new Vauxhall Monaro next weekend :D 8)

You are lucky...

We don't have the Monaro at all, as the whole continental Europe. They don't sell the Monaro as Opel... it's only sold as Holden in Australia, Vauxhall in the UK and as Pontiac GTO in the USA. We can only dream about it. I saw the Monaro last year at the NEC Motorshow in Birmingham and there are lots of photos and videos around...

And we don't get the VXR models either, they don't even sell the normal Opel Speedster Turbo (VX220 Turbo) here, as the 2.2 NA model didn't sell well enough... Some of the OPC models are same than the VXR, but some of the OPC models are the same than the GSi-models in the UK.
Opel Calibra 2.0 16V Turbo 4x4 C20LET '92 - Pontiac GTO 5.7 V8 LS1 '04 (Holden) - Pontiac Tempest 2d HT Coupe V8 5.8 '70
TurboMac
'Admiral'
'Admiral'
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja TurboMac »

ok guys, here's the pics...

Kuva

Kuva

If you can't see the pics above please follow the link below...

http://public.fotki.com/MacTurbo/my_monaro/

and/or see my post on migweb.co.uk...

http://66.225.199.210/forums/showthread.php?t=195737
m.k
'Diplomat'
'Diplomat'
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja m.k »

Cool 8) Why can't we have no such cars in Finland :evil:
Mielipide on kuin persereikä. Meillä kaikilla on sellainen, ja meistä kaikista toisen sellainen haisee pahalta.
AussiVectra
'Senator'
'Senator'

Viesti Kirjoittaja AussiVectra »

I have the impression that the reason Monaro is not right hand drive because of some problems fitting the steering gear on the right side. Undoubtedly that will be fixed soon to enter the continental European market. What comes to here, in Sydney, Monaros are everywhere. Soon to be taxis I guess. :D
Here is the Holden Special Vehicles web site for more to drool over.

www.hsv.com.au

Hanski
AussiVectra
'Senator'
'Senator'

Viesti Kirjoittaja AussiVectra »

As we all know by now, the Monaro production will end October 2005. buy your car now as the demand will continue meaning that the price will remain high even in used cars.

Hanski
Vectra-B2 V6 CD Hatch, Astra-H Turbo Coupe
Vastaa Viestiin